SHUN CLASSIC NAKIRI DM0728
A CLASSIC JAPANESE VEGETABLE KNIFE
Nakiri is simply Japanese for "vegetable knife." Once you get the Shun Classic Nakiri in your hands, you'll soon see why both professional chefs and good cooks around the world choose this beautiful and extremely useful tool whenever they have fruits or vegetables to prepare. With its straight blade, edge, and spine, the nakiri isn’t rocked like a chef's knife. Instead, use a simple push cut and enjoy the clean, swift work it makes of vegetables of all kinds. For daily salad preparation or slicing vegetables for stir-fry, it can't be beat. Finely dicing onions is fast, easy, and with the Shun Classic Nakiri’s blunt end, safer, too.
The Shun Classic Nakiri is part of the Shun Classic line of tasteful and contemporary cutlery. The Shun Classic line features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives' beauty is function: razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel. The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold. The Shun Classic line also offers you the widest assortment of both traditional culinary blade shapes and cutting-edge designs, so you can always find the right knife for the task.
- A traditional Japanese knife for working with vegetables
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 32 layers stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood®
- Blade length: 6.5 in. (16.5 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan
Did you know 80% of our customers who purchase chef uniforms and especially those who get a complete variety and a mix of white chef jackets , black chef jackets ,grey chef aprons or traditional striped chef aprons do not seperate or reverse wash their chef or front of house uniforms ? Are you the 20% ? Then skip, otherwise, keep reading on. We learn something new everyday !
These following steps will ensure that your chef and hospitality uniforms look new wash after wash just the same way you had orginally purchased it
- Seperate your whites and dark colours before putting them in the wash cycle
- Reverse wash your chef jackets , chef pants , work shirts and work pants
- Soak your whites in NON-CHLORINE bleach for atleast an hour or two hours
- Do not bleach dark colours as they may lose their colour
- Use washing detergent and fabric contitioner so your chef uniforms smell great after they are washed
- Wash your uniforms in warm water
- Ensure that the uniforms are reversed and always use low tumble dryer settings to dry your chef or work clothes or drip dry in shade
- using a steam iron to iron your uniforms is highly recommended so they look crisp and sharp when you're ready to start your day