Shun Premier Chef's Knife 15cm
A SMALL, NIMBLE CHEF'S KNIFE
A chef's knife is a personal choice. That's why Shun offers so many different lines and blade lengths. For instance, in the same way that some cooks prefer a longer chef's knife, others prefer a shorter length. For cooks who enjoy the lightweight nimbleness of a shorter blade, here is the Shun Premier 15cm Chef's Knife. Of course, it performs all the tasks for which you choose a chef's knife, from slicing, dicing, and chopping to making rocking cuts through herbs. Yet it also offers the quick, agile performance and high degree of control that a slightly smaller knife can provide.
The Shun Premier Chef's Knife is part of the beautiful Shun Premier line, which calls to mind the hand-forged knives of ancient Japan. While each knife still takes at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete, the materials Shun uses are among the most advanced in the industry. Each blade has a cutting core of Shun's proprietary VG-MAX steel to take and hold a precision edge. The layered Damascus cladding supports the core and provides additional stain resistance. Near the edge of the blade, where the steels meet, an undulating line is formed - similar to the hamon formed when samurai swords are tempered using a traditional clay-baking technique. The hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities to reduce drag. The handles nestle comfortably in the hand, while the embossed end cap adds balance and beauty.
- VG-MAX steel core and 68 total layers of high-carbon stainless steel
- Blade has a 16 degree edge angle
- Resin-impregnated pakka wood oblong handle
- Rust- and stain-proof
- Do not use to cut through bone
- Only cut on wood or plastic cutting boards; never cut on stone, metal or glass
- Hand wash only
- Made in Japan
Did you know 80% of our customers who purchase chef uniforms and especially those who get a complete variety and a mix of white chef jackets , black chef jackets ,grey chef aprons or traditional striped chef aprons do not seperate or reverse wash their chef or front of house uniforms ? Are you the 20% ? Then skip, otherwise, keep reading on. We learn something new everyday !
These following steps will ensure that your chef and hospitality uniforms look new wash after wash just the same way you had orginally purchased it
- Seperate your whites and dark colours before putting them in the wash cycle
- Reverse wash your chef jackets , chef pants , work shirts and work pants
- Soak your whites in NON-CHLORINE bleach for atleast an hour or two hours
- Do not bleach dark colours as they may lose their colour
- Use washing detergent and fabric contitioner so your chef uniforms smell great after they are washed
- Wash your uniforms in warm water
- Ensure that the uniforms are reversed and always use low tumble dryer settings to dry your chef or work clothes or drip dry in shade
- using a steam iron to iron your uniforms is highly recommended so they look crisp and sharp when you're ready to start your day