Kasumi Chefs Knife set of 2
Kasumi prides itself on superior craftsmanship and high quality steels to produce traditional Japanese cutlery. Through the range, Old-World sword making techniques come to light as each knife is repeatedly forged and folded thirty-two times resulting in a rockwell hardness of 59-60.
The pakka wooden handle has been ergonomically designed for a comfortable hold and laminated to ensure there are no holes to hold any dirt.
Made in Japan, these knives use a high quality V-Gold No. 10 (VG-10) stainless steel allowing them to hold their edge for longer.
- Utility knife is 15cm in length
- Chef's knife is 20cm in length.
- Made in Japan.
- VG-10 Stainless steel core with beautiful Damascus stainless exterior.
- Blade is made from thirty-two layers of carbon steel.
- Traditional Japanese style resin impregnated laminated pakka wood handle.
- Double stainless steel riveted handle.
- Ideal for chopping vegetables, slicing meats, mincing herbs and much more.
- The original East meets West style cooks knife.
- Modern, beautiful knives merged with the best of Japanese tradition to provide sensational performance metrics.
- Japanese Damascus or "Sumikama" Steel blade.
- Damascus stabilizes the hard core which provide superior edge retention.
- Presented in a signature Kasumi box.
- Hand wash recommended.
Did you know 80% of our customers who purchase chef uniforms and especially those who get a complete variety and a mix of white chef jackets , black chef jackets ,grey chef aprons or traditional striped chef aprons do not seperate or reverse wash their chef or front of house uniforms ? Are you the 20% ? Then skip, otherwise, keep reading on. We learn something new everyday !
These following steps will ensure that your chef and hospitality uniforms look new wash after wash just the same way you had orginally purchased it
- Seperate your whites and dark colours before putting them in the wash cycle
- Reverse wash your chef jackets , chef pants , work shirts and work pants
- Soak your whites in NON-CHLORINE bleach for atleast an hour or two hours
- Do not bleach dark colours as they may lose their colour
- Use washing detergent and fabric contitioner so your chef uniforms smell great after they are washed
- Wash your uniforms in warm water
- Ensure that the uniforms are reversed and always use low tumble dryer settings to dry your chef or work clothes or drip dry in shade
- using a steam iron to iron your uniforms is highly recommended so they look crisp and sharp when you're ready to start your day