Kasumi Chefs Knife 24cm
Kasumi knives are a part of the history and tradition of Japan’s knife capital, Seki-shi, or Seki City – where some of the best knives in the world hail from.
A namesake which also derives from the method by which it is made, Kasumi is the art of forging high-carbon steel with soft iron. The result is a superior steel blade edge favoured by swordmakers for hundreds of years. Known for their excellent kirenaga (duration of sharpness), these are knives that you can treasure.
Each Kasumi knife features thirty-two folded layers of fine stainless steel. The stunning visual effect is immediately discernible on the blade and is beautifully countered by the laminated wooden handle.
Kasumi is more than just a knife, it is a tradition that endures, and a knife that is a joy to use.
- Made in Seki, Japan.
- Made from thirty-two layers of high carbon stainless steel with a number of other metals, including cobalt, molybdenum and vanadium, for added durability and ease of sharpening.
- Double riveted, laminated wooden handle.
- Beautifully presented in a Kasumi gift box.
- Hand wash recommended.
- Blade Length: 24cm.
Did you know 80% of our customers who purchase chef uniforms and especially those who get a complete variety and a mix of white chef jackets , black chef jackets ,grey chef aprons or traditional striped chef aprons do not seperate or reverse wash their chef or front of house uniforms ? Are you the 20% ? Then skip, otherwise, keep reading on. We learn something new everyday !
These following steps will ensure that your chef and hospitality uniforms look new wash after wash just the same way you had orginally purchased it
- Seperate your whites and dark colours before putting them in the wash cycle
- Reverse wash your chef jackets , chef pants , work shirts and work pants
- Soak your whites in NON-CHLORINE bleach for atleast an hour or two hours
- Do not bleach dark colours as they may lose their colour
- Use washing detergent and fabric contitioner so your chef uniforms smell great after they are washed
- Wash your uniforms in warm water
- Ensure that the uniforms are reversed and always use low tumble dryer settings to dry your chef or work clothes or drip dry in shade
- using a steam iron to iron your uniforms is highly recommended so they look crisp and sharp when you're ready to start your day